👉👉👉 Wanna play?
See our About page for more info…
- This event has passed.
Data Science Summer School 2020
August 3 - August 4Free
In 2020 the Georg-August-Universität Göttingen will host for the fourth time an (International) Summer School on Data Science. This program is aiming on students who have completed their bachelor degree already. Basic knowledge of one or more programming languages is expected.
The Date: August 3 – 14, 2020
The Location: Alte Mensa, Göttingen
Applications under: https://indico.cern.ch/e/ds3goe2020
Deadline for application: extended till 15 February 2020
The Topics: Giving an overview on the multilayered topics and methods belonging to Data Science. Such as
- Deal with the Data Lifecycle
- Best Practices in Data Management
- Methods (Modelling, Statistics, Mining, …)
- Infrastructures and platforms
- Application examples
- Ethical, legal, and social aspects
COSTS: The school is without tuition fees and accommodation is provided for free. Coffee breaks, welcome reception and farewell dinner are included as well. Participants have to cover daily costs, e.g. lunch and dinner, and travel costs.
ECTS: The participants will be granted 4 ECTS after the successful completion of the program.
The Lectures: Lecturers from several disciplines will enable cross-disciplinary insights:
- Computer Science
- (Statistical) Bioinformatics
- Engineering Sciences
The Accommodation: Accommodation will be organized by the hosts. Costs for accommodation for selected international students with granted travel fees will be covered.
The Organisation: The Summer School is organized jointly by the Institute of Computer Science, Göttingen International, the GWDG’s and SUB’s joint service unit on research data management – Göttingen eResearch Alliance, and the University Medical Centre.
Responsible organizational Team:
- Prof. Dr. Ramin Yahyapour (Institute for Computer Science)
- Prof. Dr. Ulrich Sax (Institute for Medical Informatics)
- Dr. Sven Bingert (GWDG)
- Timo Gnadt (Göttingen eResearch Alliance, SUB)
- Lena Steilen (Göttingen eResearch Alliance, GWDG)